Andis, Fannie (Olvey) (Olvey-Andis Dormitory)
The growth of the student body after World War II made new dormitories a priority. One day in 1948, Pres. Tom Jones arrived in his office to find a well-dressed, middle-aged woman awaiting him. Mrs. Fannie (Olvey) Andis of Greenfield wanted to give the family farm to Earlham. The proceeds funded the construction of Olvey-Andis, which opened as a women’s residence hall in 1949.