Skip to main content

Periodical Publications: Earlham Post and Earlham Word and other Earlham Newspapers

 Collection
Identifier: EC-11.6 (XI)

Scope and Contents

The Earlham College Newspaper has been active since 1911. The college newspaper was first named the Earlham Press until 1926 when it was renamed the Quaker Quill. The Quill held its name until 1931, being renamed the Earlham Post. The Post, in 1986, would go on to be the Earlham Word, a newspaper that would include a new editor, new style, and a new name. Including articles about Earlham's sport teams, important dates, guest speakers, and the crime beat, the newspaper is deeply involved in documenting the college's happenings. The newspaper helps with keeping both the Earlham and Richmond community informed.

Dates

  • 1931-

Conditions Governing Access

There are no restrictions to this collection.

Extent

13.00 Boxes

Language of Materials

English

Arrangement Note

The collection is filed chronologically.

Source of Acquisition

Earlham College Newspaper
Title
Archon Finding Aid Title
Author
Kristen Laws
Description rules
Other Unmapped
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script
Language of description note
und

Repository Details

Part of the Friends Collection and Earlham College Archives Repository

Contact:
US