Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents The Doan Family Papers consist of correspondence, clippings, and reminiscent material of the family of Abel and Phebe (Lindley) Doan of Westfield, Indiana. It is rich in material relating to Earlham College and to Quaker life and activities in the first half of the twentieth century.
Dates: 1900-1960; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1986
Scope and Contents The Eli and Mahalah Jay collection contains material regarding their lives and families from roughly the 1840s to the early 1900s. The major strength of the collection is its correspondence section including Jay family correspondence, Ballard correspondence, and Mahalah Jay's Missionary correspondence. The collection also includes journals, addresses, compositions, and essays that express the Jays opinions on many topics. This is a rich collection for nineteenth century Quakerism.
Scope and Contents The Harlow Lindley Collection, although relatively small, is rich in material related to Quaker history and the history of Wayne County, Indiana, especially its educational history.The collection consists of historical materials collected by Lindley and of Lindley’s correspondence with such prominent nineteenth- and twentieth-century Friends as Charles F. Coffin, Joel Bean, Allen Jay, Timothy Nicholson, and Barnabas C. Hobbs. The materials in the collection reflect Lindley’s interest in United...
Scope and Contents The Timothy Nicholson Papers document aspects of the career of one of the most influential Indiana Friends of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Consisting of correspondence, essays, printed materials, and a sound recording, the collection, although relatively small, is a rich resource for American Quaker history, especially for the period 1880-1900. Nicholson's correspondents between 1880 and 1900 included some of the most prominent Quakers in America, and his papers are a rich...
Scope and Contents The collection contains writings by Wilmer Cooper, papers of various Quaker organizations of which Cooper was active, Earlham School of Religion materials, personal correspondence, and some miscellaneous material.
Dates: 1958-2009; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1998
- Subject: Society of Friends -- History X
- Quakers 3
- Quakers -- Indiana -- History 3
- Quakers -- Genealogy 2
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 2
- Society of Friends -- Education 2
- Whitewater Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends : Richmond, Ind.) 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Drafts of Writings 1
- Earlham College -- Students -- Papers 1
- Friends World Committee for Consultation 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends : 1821-1828) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1975) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1828- ) 1
- Photographs 1
- Quaker Women Missionaries 1
- Quaker missionaries 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Indiana 1
- United States -- History 1
- Wayne County (Ind.) 1 ∧ less
- Earlham College 4
- Bean, Joel, 1825-1914 2
- Nicholson, Timothy, 1828-1924 2
- Ballard, Mary Jay 1
- Coffin, Charles F. (Charles Fisher), 1823-1916 1