Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The Hobbs Papers consist of correspondence and documents mainly reflecting Hobbs' trip to Europe in 1877-1878. Hobbs was sent to Germany and Russia with a message of peace and a request that the Mennonites not be forced to serve in the military.
The Elliott Papers consist of correspondence, reminiscences and writings reflecting his career, wartime service, world travels, and his interest in Quaker history.
The Jessup-Carson-Littler Family papers consist of correspondence, legal papers, notebooks, autograph books, ledgers, and genealogical material on five generations of Quakers in Howard and Marion counties, Indiana. The collection reflects Quaker farm and religious life in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
The Merle L. Davis Papers consist of correspondence, notebooks, photographs, reports, and other materials documenting the career of Merle Leonard Davis as a Quaker minister, missionary, and administrator. The collection contains significant material for the history of the Five Years Meeting of Friends (now Friends United Meeting), Quaker missions, and Friends in Kenya and Cuba.
The collection consists of records on the Earlham Wilderness program from the 1970s through the late 1990s. Much of the material is administrative including student forms, records, and accounts of medical problems and emergencies during August Wilderness or other programs. There is also information on the planning of the trips and hiring of instructors.
The collection consists of a scrapbook about Jones' year at the Imperial University in Tokyo in 1926-27 as a goodwill ambassador, a diary of travels in Spain in 1937, and miscellaneous writings and clippings.
- Subject: Travel X
- Correspondence 7
- Diaries 5
- Photographs 4
- Quakers -- Indiana 3
- Account Books 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 2
- Earlham College -- Students 2
- Five Years Meeting (Society of Friends : U.S.) 2
- Quakers -- Genealogy 2
- Wills 2
- Agriculture 1
- American Friends Board of Foreign Missions 1
- American Friends Board of Missions 1
- Boarding Schools 1
- College Administrators 1
- Cuba 1
- Earlham College -- Students -- Papers 1
- Earlham College -- Wilderness Program 1
- Freedmen 1
- Friends Church in Kenya 1
- Friends World Committee for Consultation 1
- Indiana 1
- Japan 1
- Property 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- North Carolina 1
- Quakers -- Ohio 1
- Sermons 1
- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Cuba 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Kenya 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Mexico 1
- Spain 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Wayne County (Ind.) 1 ∧ less
- Earlham College 4
- Davis, Merle Leonard 1
- Elliott, Errol T. 1
- Hobbs, Barnabas C. (Barnabas Coffin), 1815-1892 (Superintendent, President) 1
- Warner, Elta F. 1