Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents The Eli and Mahalah Jay collection contains material regarding their lives and families from roughly the 1840s to the early 1900s. The major strength of the collection is its correspondence section including Jay family correspondence, Ballard correspondence, and Mahalah Jay's Missionary correspondence. The collection also includes journals, addresses, compositions, and essays that express the Jays opinions on many topics. This is a rich collection for nineteenth century Quakerism.
Abstract Beatrice and Herbert R. Kimball papers, relating to missionary work in Kenya, Uganda, and other countries. Includes correspondence, biographical information, reports, meeting minutes, and other items.
Scope and Contents Mildred White (1894-1988) was a Quaker teacher and missionary. Her papers illustrate the history of the Quaker schools at Ramallah, Palestine, life at Earlham College, and the history of Friends in Indiana. It includes not only family correspondence and photographs, but some genealogical material the Mildred White gathered and research material from Lois Jordan's biography of aunt, Ramallah Teacher, published in 1995.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records of records of the United Society of Friends Women and its predecessor bodies, the Woman’s Foreign Missionary Union of Friends in America and the Woman’s Missionary Union of Friends in America. They are a rich source for the missionary activities of American Quakers since the 1880s and the establishment of Quakerism in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Central America. These records were housed for many years in the vault of First Friends Meetinghouse in...
Dates: Other: Add Date
- Subject: Quaker Women Missionaries X
- Quaker Women 3
- Quaker missionaries 3
- Correspondence 2
- Friends United Meeting (U.S.) 2
- Quakers -- Genealogy 2
- American Friends Board of Missions 1
- Earlham College -- Students -- Papers 1
- Five Years Meeting (Society of Friends : U.S.) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends : 1821-1828) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1975) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1828- ) 1
- Kenya 1
- Photographs 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- Indiana 1
- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions 1
- Western Yearly Meeting of Friends (1877- : Plainfield, Ind.) 1
- Western Yearly Meeting of Friends (1877- : Plainfield, Ind.). Committee on Indian Affairs 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- Ballard, Mary Jay 1
- Earlham College 1
- Jay, Eli 1
- Jay, Mahalah 1