Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collection — Box: 22
Scope and Contents The papers include correspondence, copies of his published writings, unpublished manuscripts, a large collection of handwritten sermon notes, and drafts of both his history of Quakerism and his autobiography.
Scope and Contents The Leland K. and Kathaleen Johnson Carter Collection consists of correspondence, diaries, photographs, and genealogical material documenting the lives of a number of Quaker families in North Carolina, Ohio, Indiana, and Kansas in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The collection is especially valuable for Quaker settlement in Indiana, the Conservative Separation of the 1870s among Orthodox Friends, and the work of the Friends Reconstruction unit in France during World War I. The...
Dates: 1700-1994; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1991
Scope and Contents The Timothy Nicholson Papers document aspects of the career of one of the most influential Indiana Friends of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Consisting of correspondence, essays, printed materials, and a sound recording, the collection, although relatively small, is a rich resource for American Quaker history, especially for the period 1880-1900. Nicholson's correspondents between 1880 and 1900 included some of the most prominent Quakers in America, and his papers are a rich...
Scope and Contents The Wilson Papers consist of sermon outlines and notes primarily from the 1920s-1940s.
Scope and Contents The collection contains writings by Wilmer Cooper, papers of various Quaker organizations of which Cooper was active, Earlham School of Religion materials, personal correspondence, and some miscellaneous material.
Dates: 1958-2009; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1998
- Correspondence 4
- Quakers 4
- Drafts of Writings 2
- Quakers -- Genealogy 2
- Sermons 2
- Society of Friends 2
- Society of Friends -- History 2
- Diaries 1
- France 1
- Friends Reconstruction Unit 1
- Friends World Committee for Consultation 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1828- ) 1
- Photographs 1
- Quaker missionaries 1
- Quakers -- Indiana -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions 1
- Universities and colleges 1
- Whitewater Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends : Richmond, Ind.) 1
- World Council of Churches 1 ∧ less
- Bean, Joel, 1825-1914 1
- Cooper, Wilmer A., 1920-2008 (Dean of ESR) 1
- Earlham College 1
- Earlham School of Religion (ESR) 1
- Nebraska Yearly Meeting of Friends 1