Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents The Elliott Papers consist of correspondence, reminiscences and writings reflecting his career, wartime service, world travels, and his interest in Quaker history.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of Sunday School materials for Five Years Meeting and Friends United Meeting.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of Friends United Meeting records, including meeting minutes, photographs, correspondence, publications, and official records. Most records are related to missions operated by Friends United Meeting, particularly those in Kenya, Ramallah, and Cuba.
Dates: 1890 - 2002
Collection — Box: 42
Scope and Contents This collection reflects Homer Morris’s career as an academic economist and longtime member of the Earlham College board (1930-51), and especially the Morris’s work for the American Friends Service Committee. It contains class notes, correspondence, calendar book and publications as well as material pertaining to personal business, social justice issues, and the peace movement. Homer Morris was a member of the teaching faculty (1918-28) in Economics, and an alum (Class of 1911).
Collection — Box: 8
Scope and Contents The Merle L. Davis Papers consist of correspondence, notebooks, photographs, reports, and other materials documenting the career of Merle Leonard Davis as a Quaker minister, missionary, and administrator. The collection contains significant material for the history of the Five Years Meeting of Friends (now Friends United Meeting), Quaker missions, and Friends in Kenya and Cuba.
Dates: 1915-1965; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1995
Scope and Contents This collection of material gathered by his son Leonard S. Kenworthy (1912-1990) documents his life and varied activities. It represents his work at various schools and Meetings in New York, Indiana, Ohio, and Washington, D.C., as well as his time with the American Friends Service Committee.
Dates: 1871-1986; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1987
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records of records of the United Society of Friends Women and its predecessor bodies, the Woman’s Foreign Missionary Union of Friends in America and the Woman’s Missionary Union of Friends in America. They are a rich source for the missionary activities of American Quakers since the 1880s and the establishment of Quakerism in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Central America. These records were housed for many years in the vault of First Friends Meetinghouse in...
Dates: Other: Add Date
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence on Quaker affairs, especially relating to the Five Years Meeting. It apparently is a fragment of Woodward's papers, most of which are still in the hands of family.
- Correspondence 6
- Friends United Meeting (U.S.) 4
- American Friends Service Committee 3
- Cuba 2
- Quakers 2
- Society of Friends 2
- Society of Friends -- Missions 2
- Travel 2
- American Friends Board of Foreign Missions 1
- American Friends Board of Missions 1
- Central America 1
- Civilian Public Service 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Coal mines and mining 1
- Diaries 1
- Famines 1
- Fisk University 1
- Friends Church in Kenya 1
- Friends World Committee for Consultation 1
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945. 1
- Kenya 1
- Lecture Notes 1
- Palestine 1
- Photographs 1
- Quaker Women 1
- Quaker Women Missionaries 1
- Quaker missionaries 1
- Quakers -- Indiana 1
- Ruhr River Valley 1
- Sermons 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Cuba 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Kenya 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Mexico 1
- Wayne County (Ind.) 1
- West Richmond Friends 1
- Western Yearly Meeting of Friends (1877- : Plainfield, Ind.) 1
- Western Yearly Meeting of Friends (1877- : Plainfield, Ind.). Committee on Indian Affairs 1 ∧ less
- Arabic 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Swahili 1
- Earlham College 2
- Davis, Merle Leonard 1
- Elliott, Errol T. 1
- Morris, Edna 1
- Morris, Homer (Homer Lawrence), 1886-1951 (Board of Trustees) 1
- Woodward, Walter Carleton, 1878-1942 1 ∧ less