Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Box: 22
Scope and Contents The papers include correspondence, copies of his published writings, unpublished manuscripts, a large collection of handwritten sermon notes, and drafts of both his history of Quakerism and his autobiography.
Scope and Contents The Eli and Mahalah Jay collection contains material regarding their lives and families from roughly the 1840s to the early 1900s. The major strength of the collection is its correspondence section including Jay family correspondence, Ballard correspondence, and Mahalah Jay's Missionary correspondence. The collection also includes journals, addresses, compositions, and essays that express the Jays opinions on many topics. This is a rich collection for nineteenth century Quakerism.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of Friends United Meeting Records, including meeting minutes, correspondence, and official records.
Dates: Other: Add Date
Abstract Beatrice and Herbert R. Kimball papers, relating to missionary work in Kenya, Uganda, and other countries. Includes correspondence, biographical information, reports, meeting minutes, and other items.
Scope and Contents The John M. Hussey Family Papers consist of correspondence, photographs, and genealogical material relating to John M. and Anna (Fall) Hussey, Gurneyite Friends who were important figures in the "Great Revival" movement of the 1870s and 1880s and early Quaker missionary work in Mexico.
Scope and Contents Mildred White (1894-1988) was a Quaker teacher and missionary. Her papers illustrate the history of the Quaker schools at Ramallah, Palestine, life at Earlham College, and the history of Friends in Indiana. It includes not only family correspondence and photographs, but some genealogical material the Mildred White gathered and research material from Lois Jordan's biography of aunt, Ramallah Teacher, published in 1995.
- Subject: Quaker missionaries X
- Correspondence 4
- Quakers -- Genealogy 4
- Quaker Women Missionaries 3
- Friends United Meeting (U.S.) 2
- Kenya 2
- Quaker Women 2
- Quakers 2
- Society of Friends -- Missions 2
- American Friends Board of Missions 1
- Central America 1
- Drafts of Writings 1
- Earlham College -- Students -- Papers 1
- Five Years Meeting (Society of Friends : U.S.) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends : 1821-1828) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1975) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1828- ) 1
- Photographs 1
- Sermons 1
- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Universities and colleges 1
- Women -- History 1
- World Council of Churches 1 ∧ less
- Ballard, Mary Jay 1
- Earlham College 1
- Jay, Eli 1
- Jay, Mahalah 1
- Russell, Elbert, 1871-1951 1