Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The Alice Shaffer papers document the life and work of a Quaker social worker and humanitarian who was one of Earlham College's most distinguished alumni. They include correspondence, notebooks, photographs, and reports from her work in the United States, Europe, and Latin America.
Dates: 1918-1996; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1999
Collection — Box: 13a
Abstract Misty Gerner, political science professor at University of Kansas, Earlham College graduate 1977. Active in studying the Arab-Israeli conflict and in Quaker organizations including the Quaker Working Party. Active in Palestinian Human Rights Campaign. Papers primarily consist of publications and research on Middle East and some records of organizations with which she as involved.
Scope and Contents The Eli and Mahalah Jay collection contains material regarding their lives and families from roughly the 1840s to the early 1900s. The major strength of the collection is its correspondence section including Jay family correspondence, Ballard correspondence, and Mahalah Jay's Missionary correspondence. The collection also includes journals, addresses, compositions, and essays that express the Jays opinions on many topics. This is a rich collection for nineteenth century Quakerism.
Collection — Box: 8
Scope and Contents Esther Griffin White's papers include correspondence, copies of writing, files pertaining to the Little Paper, and clippings reflecting her varied interests and career.
Abstract Beatrice and Herbert R. Kimball papers, relating to missionary work in Kenya, Uganda, and other countries. Includes correspondence, biographical information, reports, meeting minutes, and other items.
Scope and Contents Mildred White (1894-1988) was a Quaker teacher and missionary. Her papers illustrate the history of the Quaker schools at Ramallah, Palestine, life at Earlham College, and the history of Friends in Indiana. It includes not only family correspondence and photographs, but some genealogical material the Mildred White gathered and research material from Lois Jordan's biography of aunt, Ramallah Teacher, published in 1995.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of transcripts of oral history interviews done in 1982 with long-time members of Extension Homemakers Clubs across the United States as part of the "Voices of American Homemakers" project. The collection documents numerous facets of American women's lives in the twentieth century. Attached is a listing of interviewees with places. The transcripts include releases and biographical questionnaires.
Scope and Contents The collection includes journals of her sermons (primarily from the 1960s and 1970s), personal diaries, scrapbooks from her travels to Colorado and England, family photographs, travel journals from missionary work, correspondence primarily pertaining to her work as a minister, and several original holiday plays written by Osborn. Also included in the collection is a subsection of material gathered by Jody Richmond who planned to write a biography of Osborn that never came to fruition.
Scope and Contents Ruthanna Mary Simms was a lifelong Friend who spent most of her life as an employee of Quaker organizations. This small collection consists of materials relating to civil rights and peace that she preserved in the last decade of her life.
Identifier: EC-19.59 (XIX)
Scope and Contents Mainly concerned with science conferences in 1991 and 1995
Dates: 1981-1995; Other: Date acquired: 06/21/2013
- Subject: Women X
- Quaker Women 8
- Correspondence 5
- Quaker Women Missionaries 4
- Women 4
- Photographs 3
- Quaker missionaries 3
- Quakers -- Genealogy 3
- Women -- History 3
- Friends United Meeting (U.S.) 2
- Pacifism 2
- Society of Friends 2
- American Art and Artists 1
- American Friends Board of Missions 1
- American Friends Service Committee. Civilian Public Service 1
- Arab-Israeli Conflict 1
- Arab-Israeli Conflict -- Peace 1
- Capital Punishment 1
- Central America 1
- Civil rights movement 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Diaries 1
- Drafts of Writings 1
- Earlham College -- Students -- Papers 1
- Family--United States--History--20th century--Sources 1
- Five Years Meeting (Society of Friends : U.S.) 1
- Housewives--United States--History--20th century--Sources 1
- Indiana -- History 1
- Indiana -- Politics and Government 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends : 1821-1828) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1975) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1828- ) 1
- Kenya 1
- National Extension Homemakers Council (U.S.) 1
- National Extension Homemakers Council (U.S.). Oral History Project 1
- Paraguay 1
- Poetry 1
- Printing 1
- Publications 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- Indiana 1
- Richmond (Ind) 1
- Richmond Art Museum (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions 1
- Underground Press Publications 1
- Wayne County (Ind.) 1
- Western Yearly Meeting of Friends (1877- : Plainfield, Ind.) 1
- Western Yearly Meeting of Friends (1877- : Plainfield, Ind.). Committee on Indian Affairs 1
- Women--United States--History--20th century--Sources 1 ∧ less
- Earlham College 2
- Ballard, Mary Jay 1
- Jay, Eli 1
- Jay, Mahalah 1
- White, Esther Griffin, 1867-1954 1