Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Abstract Correspondence, business records, deeds, and photographs documenting the Baxter and Sutton families, primarily 1855-1910.
Dates: 1851-2006; Other: Date acquired: 07/10/2008
Collection — Box: 8
Scope and Contents Esther Griffin White's papers include correspondence, copies of writing, files pertaining to the Little Paper, and clippings reflecting her varied interests and career.
Scope and Contents This collection, although small, contains invaluable material documenting the history of pastoral Friends, especially in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.
Dates: 1906-1959; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1987
Scope and Contents The Harlow Lindley Collection, although relatively small, is rich in material related to Quaker history and the history of Wayne County, Indiana, especially its educational history.The collection consists of historical materials collected by Lindley and of Lindley’s correspondence with such prominent nineteenth- and twentieth-century Friends as Charles F. Coffin, Joel Bean, Allen Jay, Timothy Nicholson, and Barnabas C. Hobbs. The materials in the collection reflect Lindley’s interest in United...
Scope and Contents The Henley-Trueblood Collection consists of photographs, daguerrotypes, and other images of nineteenth century Quakers largely in Washington and Rush Counties, IN. Most are related to Edwin P. Trueblood (1861-1951), long-time Earlham faculty member, and his wife Pennina (Henley) Trueblood (1863-1943). Many of the photographs are identified.
Dates: Other: Add Date
Scope and Contents The Plummer Papers consist of an 1827 diary and notebook, photographs, and copies of writings by and about Plummer.
Dates: 1826-1954; Other: Majority of material found in 1827
Scope and Contents The John T. White Family Papers consist of diaries, correspondence, business and legal papers, genealogical material, photographs, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and other writings of six generations of a prominent Quaker family in Perquimans and Pasquotank counties in North Carolina and in Henry County, Indiana. The papers document the daily activities of Quakers in business, education, and family life. They also illustrate the relations of North Carolina Quakers with African Americans who...
Scope and Contents The Joseph R. Evans Family Collection consists of correspondence, photographs, and genealogical material on a Quaker family that was central to the founding and development of Earlham College. It also documents Quaker reactions to the Civil War, and contains some of the best pre-1900 photographs known of the campus.
Dates: 1834-1993; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1993
Scope and Contents The Leland K. and Kathaleen Johnson Carter Collection consists of correspondence, diaries, photographs, and genealogical material documenting the lives of a number of Quaker families in North Carolina, Ohio, Indiana, and Kansas in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The collection is especially valuable for Quaker settlement in Indiana, the Conservative Separation of the 1870s among Orthodox Friends, and the work of the Friends Reconstruction unit in France during World War I. The...
Dates: 1700-1994; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1991
Scope and Contents The Smith Papers include a variety of documents, photographs, and materials, nearly all relating to Logan Smith's pastoral and missionary work. This collection documents his life and is typical of the activities of a Quaker pastor from the 1940s into the 1970s.
Dates: 1917-1976; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1995
- Quakers -- Genealogy 11
- Correspondence 10
- Diaries 5
- Quakers 4
- Account Books 3
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 3
- Quakers -- Indiana 3
- Freedmen 2
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1975) 2
- Property 2
- Quakers -- Education 2
- Quakers -- North Carolina 2
- Society of Friends 2
- Society of Friends -- Education 2
- Travel 2
- Wayne County (Ind.) 2
- Wills 2
- American Art and Artists 1
- Boarding Schools 1
- Capital Punishment 1
- Earlham College -- Students 1
- Earlham College -- Students -- Papers 1
- Flora 1
- France 1
- Friends Reconstruction Unit 1
- Indiana -- History 1
- Indiana -- Politics and Government 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends : 1821-1828) 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1828- ) 1
- Poetry 1
- Printing 1
- Publications 1
- Quaker Women 1
- Quaker physicians 1
- Quakers -- Indiana -- History 1
- Quakers -- Ohio 1
- Richmond (Ind) 1
- Richmond Art Museum (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Underground Press Publications 1
- United States -- History 1
- Waynesville (Ohio) 1
- Waynesville (Ohio) Friends Home 1
- Whitewater Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends : Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Women 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- Earlham College 3
- White, Francis Toms, 1833-1907 2
- White, Mordecai Morris, 1830-1913 2
- Bean, Joel, 1825-1914 1
- Coale, Willis B. (Willis Branson), b. 1885 1
- Coffin, Charles F. (Charles Fisher), 1823-1916 1
- Jay, Allen, 1831-1910 1
- Lindley, Harlow, b. 1874 1
- Nicholson, Timothy, 1828-1924 1
- Plummer, John T. (John Thomas), 1807-1865 1
- Warner, Elta F. 1
- Warner, Simeon 1
- White, Esther Griffin, 1867-1954 1
- White, John Toms, 1801-1879 1
- Winder, John 1 ∧ less